Here are a few quick comments and several links to things that I have been reading (or watching) recently:
- Yesterday we harvested our first asparagus spear of the season. Yum!
- CrossFit - It was pretty tough to get up and down the stairs yesterday (after two workouts). Clearly I have not been doing proper squats (need to go much deeper). This morning I can actually walk without pain which is encouraging.
- This is probably the most awe-inspiring track performance I have EVER seen.
(hat tip to CrossFit Local )
- Speaking of running – After reading Born to Run, I was hungry for more information about human evolutionary adaptations specific to running. This paper, Endurance running and the evolution of Homo, provides a lot of compelling evidence on the topic.
- Lastly check out Chris Masterjohn’s new article on “Fatty Liver Disease.” Eating high fructose corn syrup (drinking sodas) combined with not getting enough choline (eggs and liver) can produce a condition that damages your liver in a way similar to consuming too much alcohol.